“The mission of Communities In Schools of Georgia in Laurens/Twiggs County is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.”
- We believe that every child needs and deserves:
- a healthy start and a healthy future
- a safe place to learn and grow
- a one on one relationship with a caring adult
- a marketable skill to use upon graduation
- a chance to give back to peers and community
CIS of Georgia in Laurens/Twiggs County Core Values:
- Accountability – we accept responsibility for our actions and bear the consequences willingly.
- Stewardship – we dedicate ourselves to the responsible management of the economic and human resources entrusted to us.
- Partnership – we value the necessity of sharing ideas and collaborating with those who serve children, families and our community.
- Integrity – we cultivate honor and virtue in every aspect of our organization and our community.
- Respect – we embrace diverse cultures and ideas and the uniqueness of all individuals.
- Excellence – we set high standards in the programs we implement and the services we provide.
CIS of Georgia in Laurens/Twiggs County Key Programming Principles:
- Communities In Schools of Georgia in Laurens/Twiggs County will keep the mission and five basics at the forefront of all programming decisions.
- Communities In Schools of Georgia in Laurens/Twiggs County will ensure that all students serve understand the organization and have the ability to articulate the services provided.
- Communities In Schools of Georgia in Laurens/Twiggs County will ensure quality Level 1 and Level 2 services by providing site coordinators at all school sites.
Communities In Schools of Georgia in Laurens/Twiggs County recognizes the value of the parents and children that we serve and we strive to instill in our students courage, integrity, selflessness, respect and responsibility.